The mission of the Swiss Press Club – Geneva Press Club is to welcome and assist journalists visiting Geneva and to favour exchanges between Swiss and international players in the sectors of economy, politics, culture and science on the one hand and between the Swiss and international press resident in French-speaking Switzerland and neighbouring Switzerland on the other hand (art. 2, Statutes).
- Organize press conferences
- Draft and circulate press releases
- Advise NGOs, International Organizations and diplomatic missions
- Welcome foreign journalists visiting Geneva
- Organize events linked to International Geneva and the media (Communication Festival, Philosophy Festival, Global Investigative Journalism Conference, Exhibition and International Prize: “Cartooning for Peace”, International Meeting of Francophone Press…).
The Swiss Press Club – Geneva Press Club was founded on 22 October 1997 on the premises of the villa La Pastorale with the mission of welcoming and helping journalists visiting Geneva and favouring exchanges between Swiss and international players in the sectors of economy, politics, culture and science on the one hand and between the Swiss and international press resident in French-speaking Switzerland and neighbouring Switzerland on the other hand.
The Swiss Press Club was founded by:
- The State of Geneva and the City of Geneva (public institutions);
- l’Agefi, l’Agence télégraphique suisse (ATS), l’Association indépendante des journalistes suisses (AIJS), le Comité international olympique (CIO), le Courrier, Edipresse, la Fédération suisse des journalistes (FSJ), le Temps (successor to the Journal de Genève), Orgexpo, Promoédition, Publicitas Léman, la Radio Télévision suisse romande (SSR/RTSR), Ringier Romandie, la Tribune de Genève (media representatives),
- le Groupement des banquiers privés genevois et la Société suisse de relations publiques (SSRP) (private institutions).
- The Swiss Confederation gave its support to the launching of the Club.
Laurence DEONNA, Reporter and author, Geneva
Seymour TOPPING, Administrator, Pulitzer prize winner, New York
Rolf ZINKERNAGEL, Nobel prize winner, Zurich
Denis ETIENNE, President, Deputy Editor of the Tribune de Genève
Catherine FIANKAN BOKONGA, Vice-President, Correspondent for various international media at the United Nations Geneva
Brijesh KHINDARIA, Treasurer, Correspondent for various international media at the United Nations Geneva
Edward Reinhard GIRARDET, Journalist, Editor, Author and Aventurer
Michel JEANNERET, Editor in Chief of L’Illustré
Véronique KÄMPFEN, Director of communication at FER
Christophe LAMPS, Cofounder of Dynamics Group
Didier RABOUD, General secretary, Université de Genève
Sylvia REVELLO, Journalist, Le Temps
Pierre RUETSCHI, Executive Director of the Geneva Press Club, Secretary with advisory capacity
Jean-Philippe SCHALLER, Journalist, RTS
Jean-Marc VELLEMAN, CEO of the Group GHI-Lausanne Cités
Nicolas VULTIER, Journalist, RTS
Pierre RUETSCHI, Executive Director
Tobias CLERC, Events & multi-media manager
Oxana METTAN, Office & organizational assistant
Estelle WITTWER, Executive assistant